Several months ago.....I bought these two lamps at the thrift store. They were maroon with brass accents....(sorry, no before pic)....just picture the ugly out-datedness.... I painted them this dark chocolate brown right away....and then they sat in my garage....for months.
I finally got them back out this evening to do the jute wrap treatment that I've been wanting to do. It went pretty well....only a couple sore fingers from hot glue!
Then, it was time for the lamp shades. I had bough these two cute ones on sale:
I knew I wanted to do some sort of muslin fabric treatment, and you know how I don't love to sew....so this is what I came up with! I gathered it around the top first, and glued every couple inches with hot glue. Then I did the same to the bottom, and it ended up "laying" very nicely!
I've also made these little rosettes, but I'm not sure what to do with them yet. I could attach some to the base, or to the shade....?
Oh, and here is my model who always loves to takes pics with finished products! :)
I still have that other lamp to do - but might do it a little differently. Oh, and sorry for the crappy lighting on these indoor pictures....it was pouring down rain outside last night when I was doing this project! :)
I've got LOTS more new projects that I'm either in the process of working on....or chomping at the bit to get started on....finding the time has definitely been the challenge. We've been SUPER busy at the shop, and for that we are very grateful. Of course our kids' schedules haven't let up a whole lot. And I also have a new and exciting venture in the works that I can't WAIT to tell you all about....hopefully in a couple more weeks!!! :)