Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer: It's Official

I feel like it has been a crazy throw-it-in-my-face Summer Is HERE week.  I did not REALIZE that ALL of the youth activities in our community are jam-packed into the month of June!  Throw that in with everything being in the morning, at the same time, and across town from each other.....and you've got one wired Momma trying to keep the schedule straight while not getting a speeding ticket.

I have two children, an almost 7-year old boy, and a 4 year old girl.  I LOVE having two kids, and I LOVE having one boy and one girl.  Kids are expensive, and I've always wanted to be able to afford to let them try new activities/sports/etc... to see what they like, what they are good at, and watch them succeed. 

Braxton is starting his second summer in Jr. Golf.  He LOVES golf.   This may be because his Dad loves golf...but it's a joy to watch him play and to see how much he enjoys it.  Golf is two mornings a week.  He has also started swimming lessons for the first time this year.  I would have liked to have had him start a couple years ago - but I've never been able to leave the shop to take him to/from until this year (it's SO nice to have an awesome co-worker!).  He seems to really like swimming lessons, and they are EVERY morning for the first two weeks in June.  Braxton goes to CAP in the summer, which is great because he gets to hang out with kids his own age, go swimming a few days a week, and do lots of fun activities.  Three evenings a week, we head out to the ball fields for his first year of coach-pitch baseball.  He plays for the American Legion team.  He's doing pretty well with batting, and is reallly good at throwing.  Catching still needs some work.....and he has a really hard time paying attention when he's in the outfield.  Oh well, all in good time.  :)

Keely is trying gymnastics again this summer.  She went for one month last year, but had a really hard time not wanting her Momma....  This year, after going to the Spring Gymnastics Show with her eyes GLUED to the gymnasts, she RAN onto the mat the first day and has been doing GREAT ever since!  It might help that she has her very own leotard!  :)  She seems to really enjoy it, has been working really hard on the skills, and I'm SO Proud of her!  She has also started swimming lessons two days per week this summer, and is doing great!

On one hand, I feel like I'm counting down until the end of June so our schedule will slow down a little....but on the other hand - I LOVE being a Taxi-Mom, and I LOVE watching my kids grow in all they do.  I can't even imagine when my kids will be grown and no longer need their Taxi-Mom - but I know that day will come sooner than I would like.....so I'm going to love every minute I have of it!  :)

How is YOUR summer going so far??!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment