Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Bench - REVEALED!

Remember a while back when I showed you this?

It was my original "score."  My first exciting "Make It NEW - Decor" project that I couldn't WAIT to make fit perfectly into my space.  After some cleaning, priming, painting, distressing, and Mom making the cushion for me out of some fabric I had picked out and some foam....we have:

I used the same heirloom white spray paint as I did in the small foot stool project, and distressed the edges.

I love the look of the distressed edges.  It also makes me WAY less picky about if it gets "bumped" or if a there is a small paint chip, etc...  I also love the fabric I found for the cushion.  My mom did a great job sewing it for me!!!

Cute, functional organization....LOVE. 

Here is where it lives now:


Just need to find some baskets in the right size....and we'll be good to go for attempting to keep all the kids' stuff organized for summer, and then school....and so on!  :)

It's been a GREAT weekend.  I probably have enough fun stuff to talk about for a post for each night of the week this week....but we'll see if that actually happens. 

For now - here's a sneak peak of my next project....
BAhahahaha....ME, with a Power Tool, and an ugly bookshelf.  Be afraid...be very afraid (you know, like I AM.....can you SEE the FEAR in my eyes??!!!)  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment