Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Therapy

Today, I'm definitely thinking that I need some THERAPY.  I get to feeling this way when I'm stressed.  Stressed about the day-to-day, stressed about family, stressed about commitments I've taken on, stressed about things I want to accomplish, etc...

There are a lot of different kinds of therapy.  Psycho-therapy, Speech Therapy, Massage Therapy, Physical Therapy.....  Those are all very important, require special degrees and/or certifications, and can be pretty expensive.  I've participated in a few of them....as I'm sure most people have at some point in their lives.

I have a few other kinds of "therapy" that I also find helpful...especially when a professional is not readily available at 10:30pm.  Relaxation Therapy.  This is probably one of my favorites - and EVERYONE could use it...the more often the better.  What is it?  How do you do it?  Let me count the ways....  There's the typical deep breathing/yoga/meditation stuff, Bubble Baths with candles, reading a book, etc...  Retail Therapy is always fun....but can get you into trouble which may cause a need for "financial therapy."  So, I recommended sticking to garage sales, thrift stores, and the Dollar Tree for that one.  Chocolate Therapy is pretty tasty, as is Ice Cream Therapy....but may cause you to need some Treadmill Therapy.  All kidding aside, exercise is actually very therapeutic as well.  Especially when you get to go walking and talking with a good friend!  :)

I really believe that doing things you enjoy can be therapeutic also.  For example, I find crafting to be VERY therapeutic.  I can sit down in my craft room working away for HOURS and not even realize how much time has gone by.  Even if I get frustrated by my intimidating sewing machine....I can always move on to something else to work on.  I especially like projects that don't take too terribly long, so that I have some fairly immediate gratification.  Things that turn out really pretty definitely help my mood as well.  ;)

And finally, although I'm still not entirely sure why, Blogging has turned out to be quite therapeutic for me.  For instance....I was upset earlier, went down to start crafting...but it wasn't quite working for me because my mind was still racing.  Then I started writing a blog in my head...so I figured I might has well grab the lap top and spit it all out so I would feel better and could go back to my crafting.  And guess what??!!  It worked!  Back downstairs I go....Happy Crafting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment