Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Love of a Child

I just got done crying my eyes out.  Everyone needs a good cry every now and then.  It may seem trivial that my burst of emotion was triggered by a TV show, but once you're a Mom - it doesn't take much to tug at your heart strings.  God has blessed me with two wonderful, amazing children that I love more than I could ever express.  There are days when they seem more than I can handle, but I think I would very likely die if anything ever happened to them.  Or what if something happened to me?  I am so thankful that James and I have family that would take care of our children if anything would ever happen to us, God Forbid.  Some children don't have that extended family, or even parents at all.  I have so much respect and admiration for individuals/couples/families who adopt those children.  All of God's children deserve a loving home.  And anyone who is so fortunate to experience the love of a child should feel truly blessed.  That is what children are, an absolute blessing.  Even as I write this, I'm still crying.  Tears of joy and love for my two precious blessings asleep upstairs, and tears of sadness for all those children in the world who aren't asleep tonight in a loving home.  May God Bless them.

No comments:

Post a Comment